Sunday, June 19, 2011

Leaving Lima

So today is our last day in Lima. I'm spending it relaxing, sleeping in and enjoying what little time we have left.

At 3 AM tomorrow morning, we'll be at Jorge Chavez Airport, getting ready to leave for Cusco. We should arrive in Cusco at about 6:45 AM (7:45 for you Knoxvillians. Or Knoxvillains).

Since I don't have any fantastical expeditions and adventures today, and thus no pictures, I'm going to share with you some shots I took on our first day in Lima that I've been saving. These are from my first trek down to the beach.













Lima isn't the prettiest city I've ever been to. Far from it, in fact. The architecture here is gray and blocky, there's rarely a day that isn't overcast with this grey fog and if you go any where outside the immediate beachfront property, shopping areas, parks or the financial district, everything looks run down and graffiti'd.
However, I hope to come back here someday. Lima is full of exciting things to do at all hours of the day, with plenty within walking distance and even more in the range of a cheap cab. The people here are so friendly and always willing to chat if they know even the tiniest bit of English (or help you with your Spanish).

I'll report back again tomorrow evening from Cusco! I'm going to go have one last run in Lima before I leave.

Love,
-B.

No comments:

Post a Comment