Friday, June 24, 2011

Midterms, Guinea Pigs and Souvenirs: The Blog Post of Utter Miscellany.

So we had a midterm today. It was easy. Not much to say on that.

The exciting part was just BEFORE the midterm, when I went to a restaurant near the Plaza de Armas which served guinea pig! It's know here as cuy. It's salty and gamey and has the texture of chicken. Overall, I found it quite delicious.

Pictures ensue:



The people at the table behind me were horrified. It was
hilarious.

Smile for the camera, piggeh.

Aside from that wonderful experience, I've also been doing a lot of shopping. Here's almost everything I've bought thus far:

It's a llama!

Shoes for dad. Alpaca fur!

Chintzy bottle openers. One is a tumi, the
other has Machu Picchu on it.

Socks!

My personal alpaca fur slippers.

More alpaca socks!
Some cute beaded things. I don't know what they're actually
meant for, but I'm using them as jewelry.
Some chullo hats!

An alpaca sweater for B.Joyful

An alpaca blanket! It keeps me toasty here
in the Andes.
Finger puppets for Marcus! There are two more, as well.

And a whole bunch of random pictures that have been sitting on my SD card, waiting to be used. We're at the halfway mark on the trip, so I figure it's time to purge all this.

A cake case at the local supermarket bakery, for mom. :)

Delicious Choko cookies and a Sublime stick.

More snacks bought from a street vendor.

It's the 100th anniversary of the "discovery"
of Machu Picchu by Hiram Bingam.

That is all for tonight, my love muffins! See you tomorrow when I report back on the ruins at Sacsayhuaman.

Love,
-B

1 comment:

  1. Here I am to keep your Europe views up! Lol.


    They left the teeth on the Guinea Pig! How cute.
    I'm glad it was delicious. I like your socks.

    ReplyDelete